What to do with Trickster, hmmm...



I've got the rights to Trickster back in my hands! I'm considering where its future may lead. 

Trickster was my first attempt at really pushing print-on-demand as a primary distributor. It was an ambitious plan back in 2015. In those days, it was a series of individual small-deck card games. The deck sizes were optimized for best margins and ease of shipping from POD.

Each deck was standalone, but could be shuffled together. The core rules were the same for all of the games, but the cards in each deck had unique abilities. (I would attempt this again with the "I Can't Even" series and with the Plume decks.) 

After releasing the fourth deck, Trickster got picked up by a publisher as a big box edition on Kickstarter, with a new look at revised theme. Unfortunately it never really caught on in retail. I think it's really better for a small indie channel like DriveThru. I'd been waiting for the retail inventory to run low before promoting the classic decks again. So for now it's back to POD! 

You can find them here on my store at DriveThruCards.

https://www.drivethrucards.com/browse/pub/5381/Smart-Play-Games


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Graphic Design and Typography Tips for your Card Game

One Thing to Avoid in Game Design

Belle of the Ball Guest Name Generator