Over the weekend, I revised my Unpub prototype of Monsoon Market the old-fashioned way, by hand. I cut, taped, glued, markered, and sleeved up this mess until it was a tight little package. What I realized from earlier tests is that I was testing too many variables at once.
- Rarity: I had a weird multi-triangular distribution for resource cards, which pre-supposed rarity for certain resources. Four available at random in a starting market.
- Demand: A randomized deck of Order cards which could be purchased with specific combinations of resources. Three of which are visible at any time.
- Supply: Four random resource cards in each player's tableau at the start of the game.
Revised the Goods in Monsoon Market:
- 4x1 of four main goods with 1s as hybrids
- 3x2 of four main goods
- 2x3 of four main goods
- 1x4 of four main goods
- 2x3 leather
- 2x4 wood
Revised the Orders in Monsoon Market:
- 4xA. Bulk: Permanent Good and 1 pt; Silver 2 pts; Gold 3 pts
- 2xA/1xB. Bulk: Permanent Good; Silver: 1pt; Gold: 2 pts.
- 2xA/2xB/1xC. Bulk: Permanent Good; Silver: 1pt; Gold: 2 pts.
- Most give a permanent good at bulk rate, 1pt at silver, 2pt at gold.