Recoloring Illustrations for Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple [Video]

Liz Hooper is the head illustrator for Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple. Well, technically, she's Liz Radtke now, but she's always going to be Hooper to me.

Anyhoo, she drew a bunch of awesome large-format illustrations for Do last year and it's been a while since I looked at my coloring job on them. I decided to go back and mellow out the contrasts and make the color scheme more consistent. The saffrons and reds are based on Tibetan Buddhist robes.

The video above is a full-screen recording of my process. I usually crop my screencasts to a small area of the monitor, but I figured it couldn't hurt to go full size this time. Here are the re-colored illustrations so far.

» More from Liz Hooper
» Music made especially for Do by Matt S. Wilson
Daniel Solis
Art Director by Day. Game Designer by Night.